This website contains updated information only for those corridors actively in construction, the Southeast Rail Extension and North Metro Rail. All other content on this website is meant for historical purposes only and may not be up-to-date. Please visit RTD-Denver.com for the latest information about RTD.
Catch the Train!RTD's "Catch the Train" Photo Contest
Congratulations to all of our winners and we thank everyone who submitted all the great photos of the test trains out on the West Rail line tracks.
Final Winner Chosen
Our last winner in the "Catch the Train" contest is Ben Burke. He took his photo of a test train heading west over the S. Platte River April 19 a little after 12 p.m. See his cool photo along with the other outstanding entries we've had so far in the slideshow below. We thank everyone for taking photos and entering the contest!
Use this interactive Google Maps page to plan your photo angles! Click on the "camera" icons, drag the map, zoom in and out, or use the link below the map to open a full page version.
View Great Photo Spots for "Catch the Train!" in a larger map
With RTD's West Rail Line set to open April 26, you'll be seeing more of our test trains coming down the tracks.
One winner will be selected per every two weeks starting Feb. 10, 2013, and ending April 20, 2013. Your safety is our top priority! When trying to "catch the train" by taking its photo, be sure to STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN. You don't have to get close to a train to take a photo: do so only from a safe location, and never while operating a vehicle. These test trains are NOT open for service, and RTD West Rail Line platforms and bridges are NOT yet open to the public and may not be used as vantage points for photos. To learn more about rail safety visit our FasTracks Safety Page.
Official Rules and Entry Instructions
No Purchase Necessary
Sponsored by the Regional Transportation District
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Regional Transportation District (RTD) "Catch the Train" Photo Contest ("Contest") is open to persons 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. All determinations of eligibility shall be made by RTD in its sole discretion. By entering and or uploading a Photo Entry (Entry), entrant (Entrant) agrees that he/she has read and consents to be bound by these Contest Official Rules including the General Rules and Release of Liability and the Grant of Rights set forth below. Eligibility is conditioned on the acceptance of the Official Rules, including General Rules and Release of Liability and the Grant of Rights at time of submission.
2. PHOTO SUBJECT MATTER: Each entry must be a photo showing an RTD light rail test train (Train) traveling on the Line prior to the Line's opening to the public. An Entry consists of one (1) photograph. An individual may submit up to three (3) entries every two-week period (see Number 4 below).
4. HOW TO ENTER CONTEST:
(a) Entries must be emailed to Michelle.Brier@RTD-Denver.com. File size must be 10 MB or less.
(b) Contest submission will begin on Feb. 10, 2013, at 12:00:01 AM (MST), and each Submission Period will end at 11:59:59 PM (MST) two weeks later ("Submission Period"). The final Submission Period will end at 11:59:59 PM (MST) on April 20, 2013.
(c) RTD's database clock will be the official time keeper of this Contest. For purposes of these Rules, all times are listed as Mountain Time in effect at the time of submission (MST or MDT).
(d) There is a limit of three Entries submitted per person per Submission Period.
(e) Your Entry must include: (1) The Photo. (2) Your name. (3) Your email address. (4) Your phone number. (5) Date and time of the Photo. (6) Name(s) of any recognizable people in the Photo. (7) Approximate location where the Photo was taken.
(f) All Entries become Sponsor's property and will not be returned or acknowledged. All Entries may not be used by Entrant for any illegal or improper purpose, and may not be sold or used for any purpose without the express written permission of RTD. It is your sole responsibility to notify RTD in writing if you change your email address.
5. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS/CLEARANCES: Photo may be submitted in color, black and white, spot color, or any color combination. Photo must not exceed the maximum size limit of 10 MB. In addition, each Entry must comply with the following:
(a) Content and Originality. Each Entry must be the original work of the Entrant, may not have been previously published and may not have won previous awards. Photo Entry may include person(s) in the photo.
(b) Secure Authorizations from Group Members. Before entering this Contest, Entrant must receive prior written permission from any other person(s) depicted in the Photo (the Group) for RTD to use their likenesses for publicity including posting on RTD's sites; and must make written copies of such permissions available to RTD upon request. In addition, Entrant and Group must also receive prior written permission from the photographer of their photograph if the Entry was taken by someone other than the Entrant or a member of the Group, and the photographer will be required to sign a publicity release if Entry is selected as a prize Winner.
(c) RTD Name. You may use the RTD and West Rail Line names and logos for purposes of this Contest only.
(d) No Infringement. The content of the Entry must not infringe third party rights by including, for example, the copyrights, trademarks or logos (such as other company names, labels, symbols, store or building facades) music, videos, works of art, or images that have been created, distributed, aired or published by others, (such as those on or in websites, television, movies, books, or other media). The content of the Entry must not violate rights of privacy, publicity rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
(e) No Names and Likeness Without Permission: The Entry must not use individuals' names, in whole or in part (except for the Entrant's first name); refer to public figures; or contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other identifying elements of any person, living, or dead without permission.
(f) No Illegal, Offensive or Inappropriate Content. The Entry must not, in the sole and unfettered judgment of RTD, contain the following Illegal, Offensive or Inappropriate Content: (1) words, images or statements considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group; (2) threats to any person, place, business or group; (3) material that is unlawful; (4) materials that promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (5) any materials that depict illegal acts, are sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous, obscene, violent, hateful, slanderous or other inappropriate content (such as but not limited to smoking, alcohol, firearms, harming of animals, provocative/suggestive outfits or poses) or nudity. Content must be in keeping with Sponsor's reputation and image, at Sponsor's sole discretion.
(g) No i) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; ii) acting with the intent to threaten, annoy, abuse or harass any person or to disparage any goods or services of RTD or to erode the goodwill of RTD; iii) exhibiting conduct that RTD finds inappropriate, immoral or otherwise objectionable; or iv) disrupting RTD light rail or bus service in the making of the Contest photo.
(g) Automatic Disqualification: If any Entry contains any material or suggests any material that, in the sole and unfettered judgment of RTD, depicts any of the above-described Illegal, Offensive or Inappropriate Content, or if RTD determines in its sole and unfettered discretion that any Entrant has acted in a disruptive manner, engaged in inappropriate or otherwise objectionable conduct, or disrupted RTD service in the making of the Photo, RTD will immediately disqualify the Entrant.
6. RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: RTD reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to disqualify and remove at any time during the Contest any Entry that potentially or actually infringes any third party's rights, such as but not limited to, copyright(s), trademarks, privacy and/or publicity rights. RTD reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to disqualify and remove any Entry (or Entry attached to an inappropriate username) that it believes contains any sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or inappropriate content, is not suitable for publication, infringes the rights of any third party, or in any way reflects negatively upon RTD or otherwise does not meet all requirements in these Official Rules. RTD further reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to verify at any time during the Contest that all necessary Clearances have been obtained and to disqualify and remove any Entry if it believes that the necessary Clearances have not been obtained.
7. PRIZES: RTD may award one prize for each two-week Submission Period. The prizes are two (2) tickets for a free VIP ride on RTD's West Rail Line before the Line opens to the public. Note: The ride may not necessarily be on the first or any other specific train or trip. Any prize won will be awarded in the name of the Entrant and he/she will be responsible for his/her taxes.
8. JUDGING TO SELECT WINNERS: RTD, through judges that RTD will select at its sole discretion, will choose the Winner for each two-week Submission Period. RTD will attempt to contact the Winner through email or Facebook/Twitter message. The Winner will be required to reply or respond with the full contact information (name, street address, city, state, zip code, email address and daytime phone number) within 3 days of RTD's notification attempt. A Winner's failure to reply to RTD's notification to acquire full contact information or any forms requested may result in disqualification at RTD's sole discretion. The Winner for each Submission Period will be announced after conclusion of the Submission Period at RTD's sole discretion, and the winning Photo will be displayed on RTD's Facebook page, Twitter feed, and/or website at www.rtd-denver.com, for such period as determined by RTD, at RTD's sole discretion. Decisions by RTD are final.
9. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES ("ARV"): The prize for each Submission Period is: Two (2) round-trip tickets for a free VIP ride on RTD's West Rail Line before the Line opens to the public. ARV is $16. RTD reserves the rights to: substitute prizes (or components of prizes) for prizes of equal or greater values. No other substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted. RTD is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize Winners. If any portion of any prize is cancelled or postponed for any reason, RTD will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to RTD's use of their Entry, names, hometowns, likenesses, and/or prize information for any purposes in any medium without additional compensation, or notice to Winners, to the extent permitted by law.
10. GENERAL RULES AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY: The Contest is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States and the State of Colorado. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. By entering the Contest, Entrants release and hold harmless RTD, participating prize providers, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Promotion Entities") against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, including from Winner's use or misuse of a prize. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use/redemption of any prize. Entrant and Group agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and the decisions of the Judges which are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. RTD is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prizes. RTD is not responsible for any electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by RTD or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of RTD which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, RTD shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted online and all eligible Entries received prior to termination will be judged, per these Official Rules. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation/voting will void all such submissions/votes by such methods. RTD RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE AND UNFETTERED DISCRETION TO DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON WHO TAMPERS OR IS SUSPECTED OF TAMPERING WITH THE ENTRY AND/OR JUDGING PROCESS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, RTD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
11. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each Entrant submitting an Entry into the Contest irrevocably assigns and transfers all rights, title and interest in the Entry to RTD, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Entry for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised. Each Entrant gives RTD the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify his/her Entry in any way, in any and all media and without additional notice or payment of consideration to Entrant or other identifiable persons (Group) depicted in the Entry, for any purpose which RTD deems necessary or desirable, and each Entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have herein, including without implying limitation any and all attribution and integrity rights.
By entering Contest and/or accepting prize, Entrant and Group irrevocably grants permission to RTD to use the Entrant's photo, names, likenesses, and biographical information of any individual in the Entry for publicity and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with RTD's Facebook pages, Twitter feeds, websites, publications, and the Contest, without further compensation to Entrant or Group, unless prohibited by law.
12. NO OBLIGATION TO USE: RTD shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Entry, or to otherwise exploit any Entry or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and RTD may at any time abandon the use of any Entry for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and Entrants and Group shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
13. WINNERS LIST: Winners' names and photograph entries will be posted at RTD's Facebook pages after closure of each Submission Period.
15. CONTACT US: Questions should be directed to RTD "Catch the Train" Photo Contest by phone at 303-299-6908; by email at Michelle.Brier@RTD-Denver.com or by U.S. Mail at 1600 Blake Street, Denver CO 80202.