Construction InformationWeek of June 25 Construction Activities:
As part of RTD's 2004 voter-approved FasTracks plan to extend rapid transit across the Denver metro region, construction continues for the Southeast Rail Extension project.
Construction activities during the week of June 25 will include Lincoln, RidgeGate and I-25 light rail bridge work.
Both directions of I-25 will close overnight between Lincoln Avenue and RidgeGate Parkway Thursday, June 29
As part of the Southeast Rail Extension Project, on June 29, motorists can expect an overnight closure on I-25 as crews pour the deck for the future light rail bridge across I-25 (located south of Lincoln Avenue near the future Sky Ridge Station). While crews pour the deck, I-25 will be closed to both directions of traffic between RidgeGate Parkway and Lincoln Avenue.
- Thursday, June 29
- FULL CLOSURE of northbound and southbound I-25 between Lincoln Avenue and RidgeGate Parkway as crews pour the deck for the future light rail bridge across I-25 (located south of Lincoln Avenue near the future Sky Ridge Station).
- From 10 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. - Northbound I-25 between RidgeGate Parkway and Lincoln Avenue will be closed
- From 11 p.m. - 5:30 a.m. - Southbound I-25 between Lincoln Avenue and RidgeGate Parkway will be closed
- Alternating lane restrictions starting at 8 p.m.
- Motorists traveling southbound on I-25 will exit at Lincoln Avenue and head east on Lincoln Avenue toward S. Oswego Street, take S. Oswego Street south to S. Peoria Street take S. Peoria St. south to RidgeGate Parkway, take RidgeGate Parkway west to I-25, take the on-ramp to I-25.
- Motorists traveling northbound on I-25 will exit at RidgeGate Parkway and head east on RidgeGate Parkway to S. Peoria Street, take S. Peoria Street north to S. Oswego Street, take S. Oswego Street north to Lincoln Avenue, take Lincoln Avenue west to I-25, take the on-ramp to I-25.
- Monday, June 26 - Friday, June 30
- Southbound I-25 off-ramp onto westbound Lincoln Avenue
- From 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. - Right shoulder closed, watch for trucks entering the ramp daily.
- Thursday, June 29 and Friday, June 30
- RidgeGate Parkway between Havana Street and the northbound I-25 on-ramp
- From 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Alternating westbound and eastbound lane restrictions for RidgeGate light rail bridge work. Watch for changes in traffic patterns.
Construction Information Line: (720) 643-2300
Construction activities are weather dependent and subject to change during the design/build process.
The Southeast Rail Extension Project will expand the Southeast Rail Line 2.3 miles from Lincoln Station to RidgeGate Parkway in Lone Tree. The expansion encompasses three new stations as follows: the Sky Ridge Station and Kiss-n-Ride near Sky Ridge Medical Center; a second Kiss-n-Ride at the future Lone Tree City Center Station; and a 1,300-space Park-n-Ride at the RidgeGate Parkway Station. The 2.3-mile extension includes a 5-span, 620-foot-long bridge over Lincoln Avenue; an 11-span, 1,397-foot-long bridge over I-25 and a 4-span, 506-foot-long bridge over RidgeGate Parkway.