This website contains updated information only for those corridors actively in construction, the Southeast Rail Extension and North Metro Rail. All other content on this website is meant for historical purposes only and may not be up-to-date. Please visit RTD-Denver.com for the latest information about RTD.
Spring 2009 - CRMF Supplemental EA Newsletter
Commuter Rail Maintenance Facility Supplemental EA Now Available
The RTD FasTracks Commuter Rail Maintenance Facility (CRMF) Supplemental Environmental Assessment (Supplemental EA) is now available for public review and comment. As part of the FasTracks program, RTD needs to build a maintenance facility to repair, maintain, clean, fuel and store the vehicles that will serve the four FasTracks commuter rail corridors: Gold Line, East Corridor, Northwest Rail and North Metro.
The Supplemental EA analyzes the CRMF project team's recommendation of the Fox North site - located at 48th Avenue and Fox Street, just northwest of I-25 and I-70 - as the preferred alternative for the maintenance facility that will serve the FasTracks commuter rail corridors. The Supplemental EA also evaluates the shared commuter rail tracks from Denver Union Station to Pecos Street.
The Supplemental EA examines the potential environmental impacts of implementing the CRMF facility, including construction and operation of the facility and the tracks that lead to/from it. The Supplemental EA analyzes numerous environmental resources, including transportation, air quality, noise, water resources and visual impacts. When impacts are found, the document recommends methods to avoid or minimize them, where possible, or mitigate for them when avoidance is not possible.
Review and Comment on the Supplemental EA
The Supplemental EA is available for review on the CRMF, Gold Line and East Corridor project Web sites. All of the sites can be accessed from www.RTD-FasTracks.com. The document is also available at public libraries in the study area. A full list of locations where the document can be reviewed is located below.
Comments on the Supplemental EA will be accepted until May 15, 2009, 30 days after the document's release. A public meeting will be held to gather comments.
CRMF SUPPLEMENTAL EA PUBLIC MEETING
Thursday, April 23, 2009
6 - 8 p.m.
Stapleton Recreation Center
5090 Broadway, Denver
COMMENTS CAN ALSO BE SUBMITTED:
- Online through the project Web sites
- By e-mail (CRMF@RTD-FasTracks.com)
- By mail (FTA Region 8, David Beckhouse, 12300 W. Dakota Ave., #310, Lakewood, CO 80228).
Where to Review the Supplemental EA
The CRMF Supplemental EA can be reviewed at www.RTD-FasTracks.com, www.rtdgoldline.com, www.eastcorridor.com, at the public meeting (April 23, 2009) and the following libraries:
- Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library: 2401 Welton Street, Denver, CO 80205
- Denver Public Library: 10 West 14th Avenue Parkway, Denver, CO 80204
- Montbello Library: 12955 Albrook Drive, Denver, CO 80239
- Pauline Robinson Library: 5575 East 33rd Avenue, Denver, CO 80207
- Perl Mack Library: 7611 Hilltop Circle, Denver, CO 80221
- Rangeview Library: 7185 Monaco Street, Commerce City, CO 80022
- Regis University Library: 3333 Regis Boulevard, Denver, CO 80221
- Smiley Library: 4501 West 46th Avenue, Denver, CO 80212
- Valdez-Perry Library: 4690 Vine Street, Denver, CO 80216
- Woodbury Library: 3265 Federal Boulevard, Denver, CO 80211
Next Steps with the Supplemental EA
After the 30-day public comment period on the document, RTD will integrate the Supplemental EA into the FasTracks commuter rail environmental documents for Gold Line, East Corridor, Northwest Rail and North Metro. All Supplemental EA comments, regardless of how they are submitted, will be published and responded to in the Gold Line and East Corridor Final Environmental Impact Statements this summer. Design and construction on the CRMF is anticipated to begin by late 2010, with completion of the facility scheduled for 2013.