Iliff Station - Gordon HuetherThe art at the Iliff Station on the I-225 Rail "R" Line will consist of two sculptures.
Gordon Huether of Napa, California, has 30 years experience creating site-specific large-scale artwork. "The rewarding experience of creating work that brings storytelling and beauty into publicly shared spaces has resulted in more than 60 international public art commissions," he said.
"With every commission my goal is to establish a connection with the viewer by including them in the visual dialogue between the art and their experience at the site," Huether said.
The thought processes the artists use to develop their concepts for RTD's new rail stations are always interesting. Huether's is no exception.
His art for the Iliff Station will use color, motion and light with a number of goals in mind:
- Contribute to the development of the Iliff neighborhood
- Support the economic vitality of the area
- Enrich the experience of the community
- Engage the community
- Communicate and increase civic pride
- Create a sense of place
- Create a kinetic and monumental sculptural presence for the neighborhood