RTD completes another successful round of Telephone Town Halls
From June 11 to June 28, RTD held its second series of Telephone Town Halls with fifteen meetings - one held by each RTD Board Director.
440,814 residents were randomly called in the fifteen meetings, culminating in 45,586 participants (over 10%).
During each meeting, participants were asked four questions through an automatic polling option offering participants the opportunity to answer through their key pad. Here are the polling results of all meetings:
1. How do you like to get info about RTD and the FasTracks program?
- Traditional media (TV, newspaper, radio) (44%)
- Mail (23%)
- RTD's website (22%)
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter) (5%)
- Public meetings/forums (6%)
- Good (48%)
- Fair (23%)
- Excellent (19%)
- Poor (10%)
- No, build the program as you can with the money you have (40%)
- Yes, in the next two years (30%)
- Yes, but wait at least four years or more (30%)
- Getting from point A to point B consistently on time (45%)
- Enhances quality of life and use of time (26%)
- Contributes to less traffic and better air quality (24%)
- The passengers and drivers I've come to know on my route (5%)
"This is a wonderful way to communicate with the public," said RTD Chair Lee Kemp. "Not everyone can come to a public meeting, so this allows us to use innovative technology to go straight to the people in the comfort of their own homes."