Safety Information & ResourcesSafety and security are top priorities at RTD and we have a number of programs in place focused on those topics. In addition, we have information available on every aspect of safety and security as it relates to a public transportation agency that you can imagine.
The RTD FasTracks program has numerous major projects in full construction as we get ready to open three commuter rail lines, one light rail line and bus rapid transit service in 2016. Use the links and safety tips below to access the safety and security information you need to know, starting with our programs to educate children, parents and school faculty who live and go to school near the new rail lines.
Download the transit watch app here.
Construction SafetyThe FasTracks team would like to remind you that construction is still occurring in very close proximity to many of your neighborhoods, schools, and parks. Please follow our construction safety tips that will help insure the safety of you and your children. It is important to take all necessary precautions to make sure that you remain safe around all construction areas.
- Never play on or around construction equipment.
- Stay out of fenced areas.
- Always pay attention to warning and safety signage.
- Never go near construction areas after dark. Holes and sharp objects can be obscured.
- Drive slowly and be patient in construction areas.
- Stay away from utilities and exposed wires.
- Do not play on or under bridges or near streams or rivers.
- Never play on or around railroad tracks, and never place anything on the tracks.
- Always read construction updates and door hangers as they contain important safety and traffic information.