This website contains updated information only for those corridors actively in construction, the Southeast Rail Extension and North Metro Rail. All other content on this website is meant for historical purposes only and may not be up-to-date. Please visit RTD-Denver.com for the latest information about RTD.
EIS Process and Documents
In July 2006, RTD began a comprehensive study of transit
alternatives for the Gold Line. The finished product of this study is
the Gold Line Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) and Record of
Decision (ROD). After more than three years of in-depth alternatives
screening, detailed impacts analysis and extensive community outreach,
the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) issued the Gold Line ROD on
November 2, 2009, marking the end of the EIS process. All of the
documents from that process are available on this section of our
- Gold Line Record of Decision (November 2, 2009):
The ROD describes the Gold Line Preferred Alternative and the
mitigation commitments required in order to implement the project.
- Responses to Gold Line Final EIS Comments (November 2, 2009): This report includes all comments received on the Final EIS and individual responses to each one of them.
- Gold Line Final EIS (August 21, 2009):
The Final EIS contains the Gold Line team's final recommendation and
analysis on the alternative selected for final design and construction
and includes responses to public and agency comments on the Draft EIS.
- CRMF Supplemental Environmental Assessment (April 15, 2009): This document includes the comprehensive environmental assessment of the Commuter Rail Maintenance Facility (CRMF).
- Gold Line Draft EIS (July 18, 2008): This document contains the preliminary analysis of the Gold Line Preferred Alternative.