This website contains updated information only for those corridors actively in construction, the Southeast Rail Extension and North Metro Rail. All other content on this website is meant for historical purposes only and may not be up-to-date. Please visit RTD-Denver.com for the latest information about RTD.
Review the FEIS
The Gold Line Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) can be reviewed by clicking the links below. Please note that due to large file size the content of Chapters 2 and 3 have been split into manageable downloads.
Volume I of III
Introduction (1.2 MB) - Contains the Abstract, Preface, Table of Contents, Acronym List and Glossary.
Executive Summary (3.9 MB) - Provides a carefully developed overview of the document and delivers an appropriate amount of technical information while still being easy to read and understand.
Chapter 1: Purpose and Need (700 KB) - Presents a discussion of the purpose of the project, the need for mobility improvements in the rail line and the goals for the project.
Chapter 2: Alternatives Considered - Describes the alternatives considered during the environmental alternatives analysis, which was used to select the Preferred Alternative for the Gold Line.
- Chapter 2: Part One (2.3 MB) - Introduction, Screening and Scoping of Alternatives
- Chapter 2: Part Two (4.7 MB) - Description of FEIS Alternatives
- Chapter 2: Part Three (2.8 MB) - Description of FEIS Alternatives (continued), Avoidance and Minimization of Impacts, Capital Costs, Operating and Maintenance Costs, Assumed Construction Methods, Implementation Plan
- Chapter 3: Part One (2.3 MB) - Introduction
- Chapter 3: Part Two (4.6 MB) - Social Impacts and Community Facilities
- Chapter 3: Part Three (4.3 MB) - Social Impacts and Community Facilities (continued)
- Chapter 3: Part Four (4.8 MB) - Land Use, Zoning and Economic Considerations
- Chapter 3: Part Five (3 MB) - Land Use, Zoning and Economic Considerations (continued)
- Chapter 3: Part Six (5 MB) - Land Aquisition, Displacements and Relocation of Existing Uses
- Chapter 3: Part Seven (4.6 MB) - Land Aquisition, Displacements and Relocation of Existing Uses (continued)
- Chapter 3: Part Eight (5.6 MB) - Historic, Archaeological, Cultural Resources
- Chapter 3: Part Nine (5.4 MB) - Visual and Aesthetic Qualities, Parklands and Recreation Areas
- Chapter 3: Part Ten (1.9 MB) - Air Quality and Energy
- Chapter 3: Part Eleven ( 5.4MB) - Noise and Vibration
- Chapter 3: Part Twelve (3.4 MB) - Biological Resources, Natural Resources
- Chapter 3: Part Thirteen (4.4 MB) - Hazardous Materials, Safety and Security, Utilities
Chapter 5: Evaluation of Alternatives (512 KB) - Analyzes how the Gold Line alternatives meet the project's Purpose and Need, benefit mobility in the area and affect the environment. This chapter also discusses the alternatives' financial feasibility.
Chapter 6: Public Comment and Agency Coordination (1.8 MB) - Describes the public involvement process implemented from scoping period through the release of the FEIS, including coordination with the Local Governments Team (LGT) and Agency Working Group (AWG).
Chapter 7: Section 4(f) and 6(f) Evaluation (1.7 MB) - Describes publicly owned parks, recreational resources, and wildlife refuges or significant protected cultural resources that may be impacted by the project.
Chapter 8: References (335 KB) - Resources referenced during the creation of the FEIS.
Volume II of III
Response to Agency and Public Comments - (2.2 MB) - Response to Agency and Public Comments for the Gold Line Corridor and Commuter Rail Maintenance Facility .
Volume III of III - Appendices A-J
Please note, the appendices to the FEIS are contained in Volume III of the document. Due to the large size of these digital files, some sections of Volume III are not available online. These materials can be reviewed by requesting a CD from the project team.
Appendix A (335 KB) - List of EIS Preparers (includes Table of Contents)
Appendix B (79 KB) - List of EIS Recipients
Appendix C (not available online) - Preliminary (30 percent) Engineering
Appendix D - Cultural Resources Information (including Memorandum of Agreement between FTA and State Historic Preservation Officer)
- Appendix D: Part One (7.6 MB) - Cultural Resources Information
- Appendix D: Part Two (6.6 MB) - Cultural Resources Information (continued)
Appendix F (not available online) - Agency Correspondence
Appendix G (7.5 MB) - FasTracks Programmatic Cumulative Effects Analysis
Appendix H (304 KB) - Memorandum of Understanding
Appendix I (not available online) - Railroad Categorical Exclusion Documents
Appendix J (8.7 MB) - Gold Line Quiet Zone Report